Anxiety Therapy in Petaluma
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? Are you still having panic attacks despite your best efforts to “manage” your anxiety?
If this sounds like you, I believe I can help. My practice offers neurofeedback, an effective approach for anxiety and panic disorder, to help you get the relief from your anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, there are many effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms of the problem. Neurofeedback addresses the repetitive brainwave dysregulation found in anxiety disorders, while psychotherapy addresses the underlying psychological dynamics often involved in perpetuating anxiety.
The symptoms of anxiety can vary from person to person. Among the most common symptoms are:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Psychotherapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening ways, and develop better coping and problem-solving skills. Neurofeedback works to train your nervous system to produce a broader range of frequencies so that so that your nervous system can flexibly respond to the task at hand, without becoming overactivated.
If you suffer from anxiety, please contact me today for a free phone consultation so we can discuss your concerns and how neurofeedback may be helpful to you.