Anxiety Therapy in Petaluma
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I believe I can help. My practice offers neurofeedback, an effective approach for anxiety, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, there are many effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms of the problem. Neurofeedback address the stuck brainwave activity found in anxiety disorders, while psychotherapy addresses the underlying dynamics often involved in perpetuating anxiety.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Neurofeedback and therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.